Friday, November 9, 2007

LSE Departmental Support

This is an email I received today from my LSE department tutor:

Dear Jessica,

I notice you are doing a 3rd year economics course. I should warn you that EH GC students often fail these courses as they are often very technical, so unless you have a very strong background in economics and mathematics I would advice you to do another course.

Please let me know how you are finding the course so far and what your background in the topic is.

Best wishes,
Gerben

Wow. That's super encouraging. I'm glad he emailed me before it was too late to change courses... wait. He didn't. To be fair, an Economic History student probably would fail Development Econ. But I am an Econ student that happens to be placed in the Econ History department. So... I'm hoping this little fact gives me some type of advantage over the typical EH GC student.

No comments: