Tuesday, September 25, 2007

DC Pt. I

Part I: Days in DC have flown by, which is strange since I initially thought my 6-night/7-day stay would wear out my welcome at Georgetown. For the most part, I don't feel like I'm bumming around at all. I sleep late, do my own thing, and then meet up with friends who happen to have a break from class. I can eat endless meals at Leo's thanks to generously offered guest passes and it just feels normal.

I've taken a strange liking to shocking people here with my presence. I walk around with my backpack "posing" as a student. When I see people I know and wave or say "hi," I wonder if they are curious why I'm here or if they just think that I've been mysteriously low-key for the past 3 weeks.

I'm now back in Yonkers and will post my last post from the U.S. in a day or two. Until then...

No comments: