Thursday, December 27, 2007

Holiday post

Happy Christmas, readers. I'm back from spending three days in London suburbia where I spent my Christmas Eve, Christmas, and Boxing Day. It was a strange luxury to have food at my fingertips, hospitality, and a bathroom which exceeds the size of my little room at Sidney Webb. I played some pool, strummed a Gibson Les Paul, and fiddled around on the most complicated keyboard/synthesizer I've ever touched. The highlight was definitely playing the new Nintendo Wii that my cousins got from Santa. Now, I may be a girl. I may be 20-years-old. But I love playing with new Christmas toys. I think Tom (my flatmate) and I were more excited than my cousins to have the Wii. I know we were.

I'm miraculously still not better from my cold and I feel worse today than yesterday. A bad sign. I'm going to read and listen to Van Morrison in anticipation of the January concert. I'm very much looking forward to the end of the holidays when friends return to email and normal life. I think that's the hardest thing for me here, riding out the lull in communication. Until then...

No comments: