Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Bummin'

Here's a little life update for any family members that are wondering my whereabouts. I just finished moving out of and cleaning the house I lived in for the summer. It was a bittersweet goodbye to the house that mysteriously slanted to the left, that lacked central air, that fostered hours of Guitar Hero 2, but I'm glad to be out. My current belongings consist of a duffel, two backpacks, and a rolly suitcase. It feels a little unnerving to be reduced to so little, but it's good to be sticking around on campus while the rest of my friends trickle back.

Until I return to California (for the first time in over 7 months!) on Monday, I'm staying at a friend's in a freshman dorm on campus. It makes a good temporary home: the mattress that we stole from a freshman room is fully outfitted with my mattress pad, sheets, comforter, and pillow. The downside of this arrangement is that I have been stripped of the freedom to come and go as I please. So... right now, I'm bumming at the Gtown radio station with miscellaneous belongings and ceramic plates wondering where I should go next. I feel a little out of place moving out while thousands are moving in... like a fish against the current but so be it. I haven't been doing anything LSE-related and am anxiously awaiting to get my LSE email account, so pathetically, I can join the LSE facebook network. For people over age 25 who don't know what facebook is, here's a link to explain what it is. Alright. Alright. Let the bumming continue.

No comments: